Older and wiser?

Just a quick post to say thank you to my friends who contributed to my Birthday Wish to provide shoes for girls in Africa so they may attend school.  I love knowing that our contributions will mean girls will be able to begin or continue their education and become productive members of their families, villages, and the world at large. 

On my birthday, I posted the following quote by Ossie Davis on my Facebook page.  I like what it says about getting older: 
 “Age is that point of elevation from which it is easier to see who you are and what it is you want to do, and from which you find yourself closer to the very center of the universe. We never know if we’re truly wise. Yet age makes knowledge, tempers knowledge with experience, and out of that comes the possibility of wisdom.”

Here's hoping that we can all embrace giving to others, the process of aging, and the possibility of wisdom.

Have a creative day.

Comments