Show Report: Festival for the Eno, 2011


Booth shot on day two of Eno, 2011
 Very hot weather, large crowds, continuous music, good sales, fun, and did I mention very hot weather?  All of that and more is what we experienced at our eighth annual Festival of the Eno.  We had a great first day, making good sales, and greeting the many people who visited our booth.  Sunday, the second day, was hot and muggy, and was apparently not a day for art; we sold just one $5 magnet.  Undeterred, and since we had to be there anyway, we looked forward to a better day on Monday, the 4th.  Sales picked up, the crowd was in a good mood, and things were great until a thunderstorm arrived and cleared everyone out at about 4:30.  Load out was a soggy mess, but we were happy with the weekend overall.

Left side of booth
Right side of booth
Response to my new clock line was great; I sold half of those I'd brought.  People were curious about how I create my cut paper collage clocks and mirrors, and were amazed when I told them I cut all my shapes with scissors (except for the small, hole punched circles--I'm good, but not that good!).  It's at shows that I remember how much people are interested in the creative process.  What seems normal or even mundane to me about how I work can be fascinating to someone who doesn't know anything about art. 
So, another Eno is in the books, and we look forward to participating in a new show here in Raleigh in September, the African American Cultural Festival.  I've got lots to do before then, and will share the progress as it happens, so stay tuned.

Comments